Win Minions: The Rise Of Gru Soundtrack Vinyls – Music News
ORIGINAL MOVING IMAGE SOUNDTRACK
PRODUCED AND HOSTED BY GRAMMY PRODUCER OF THE YEAR JACK ANTONOFF
WITH A WORLD-FAMOUS SINGLE BY DIANA ROSS FT. TAME IMPALA AND ST. VINCENT, THUNDERCAT, PHOEBE BRIDGERS, ELLE, GRAINS, CAROLINE POLACHEK, BROCKHAMPTON, WEYES BLOOD, AND MANY MORE
Decca Records today releases the original motion picture soundtrack for Illumination’s Minions: The Rise of Gru, the new action-comedy from the biggest animated franchise in history. This coincides with the film’s worldwide theatrical release today.
Set in the 1970s, Minions: The Rise of Gru tells the origin story of how Gru (Oscar nominee Steve Carell), the world’s greatest supervillain, first encountered his iconic Minions. , forged the most despicable team in cinema and faced the most unstoppable criminal force. never assembled.
The funk-fueled soundtrack, produced by 2022 Grammy Award-winning Producer of the Year Jack Antonoff, features a star-studded lineup. Following the release of her 2021 hit album “Thank You,” Diana Ross and Tame Impala kicked off the soundtrack with their highly anticipated collaboration “Turn Up The Sunshine” described by Rolling Stone as a “party-ready jam.”
The soundtrack celebrates a range of dazzling funk, disco and soul classics with brand new versions of some of the biggest hits of the 1970s by some of today’s hottest talents. From St. Vincent’s new version of Lipps Inc’s 1979 hit Funkytown and HER’s rendition of Sly and The Family Stone’s 1967 hit Dance to the Music, to Bleachers’ version of John’s Instant Karma Lennon in 1970! and Phoebe Bridgers’ rendition of The Carpenters’ 1972 single Goodbye To Love, each track has been reimagined by each artist with ingenious results.
And of course, the Illumination Minions themselves are the stars of the album, with their distinctive performance of Simon & Garfunkel’s classic 1970s favorite Cecilia.
The soundtrack’s executive producer, Jack Antonoff, is a world-renowned singer, songwriter and record producer and is the lead singer of the rock band Bleachers. In early 2022, Bleachers debuted on NBC’s Saturday Night Live, marking the flagship show’s first episode of the year. As a songwriter and producer, Antonoff, who in 2021 was credited by the BBC for “redefining pop music”, has collaborated with the likes of Diana Ross, Taylor Swift, Lorde, St. Vincent, Florence + The Machine, Lana Del Rey, Kevin Abstract and many more. This work has seen Antonoff garner numerous accolades, including six Grammy Awards, most recently winning the 2022 Grammy Award for Producer of the Year.
Inside and outside the cinema, this 70s-inspired, sun-drenched soundtrack is guaranteed to keep you snacking all summer long.
Illumination’s Minions: The Rise of Gru Original Motion Picture Soundtrack is now available digitally, on a 3-panel CD digipack, a standard black double LP, a yellow and blue splashed double LP, a yellow cassette and a disc. limited edition images.
Minions: The Rise of Gru – Tracklisting:
1. Turn Up The Sunshine – Diana Ross featuring Tame Impala
2. Shining Star – Brittany Howard ft. Verdine White (Earth, Wind and Fire 1975)
3. Funkytown – St. Vincent (Lipps Inc in 1979)
4. Hollywood Swinging – BROCKHAMPTON (Kool & The Gang 1974)
5. Desafinado – Kali Uchis (Stan Getz & Joao Gilberto 1959)
6. Bang Bang – Caroline Polachek (Nancy Sinatra 1966)
7. Fly Like an Eagle – Thundercat (Steve Miller Band 1976)
8. Goodbye to Love – Phoebe Bridgers (The Carpenters 1972)
9. Instant Karma! – Bleachers (John Lennon 1970)
10. You’re No Good – Weyes Blood (Linda Ronstadt 1975)
11. Vehicle – Gary Clark Jr. (The Ides of March 1970)
12. Dance to the Music – ELLE (Sly and The Family Stone 1967)
13. Black Magical Woman – Tierra Whack (Santana 1970)
14. Cool – Verdine White
15. Born To Be Alive – Jackson Wang (Patrick Hernandez 1979)
16. Cecilia – The Minions (Simon & Garfunkel 1970)
17. Bang Bang – GEM (Nancy Sinatra 1966)
18. Kung Fu Suite – RZA
19. Minions: The Rise of Gru Score Suite – Heitor Pereira
We have THREE copies of the soundtrack on VINYL to give away!
To enter, simply nominate an artist from our new ticket directory.
Simply email your RESPONSE with MINIONS: THE RISE OF GRU SOUNDTRACK in the subject line to email@example.com, please include your NAME, EMAIL, ADDRESS and TWITTER HANDLE (if available).
It’s so simple! Good luck!
You can double your chances by liking & retweeting the competition on our Competitions Club page @competitionsC. Good luck and tag your friends for additional entries.
Receive the competitions directly by subscribing to our newsletter here.
Promoter Terms and Conditions.